· 2-3 thinly sliced, medium onions
· 2 whole eggs
· 3 tablespoons of heavy cream
· 2-3 tablespoons of coconut flour
· 1/2 cup coconut oil for frying
· 1/2 cup butter
· 1/2 cup cream
· 8-10 mushrooms, finely diced
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder
· salt and pepper to taste
· 4-5 egg yolks
· 5 cans of green beans (can also use fresh or 2-3 bags of frozen)
1. Thinly slice all the onions, separate, and put in medium bowl.
2. Add the two eggs and the 3 tablespoons of heavy cream and mix well until evenly incorporated.
3. Add coconut flour and mix by hand until evenly coated
4. Put coconut oil in large skillet and turn on medium high heat.
5. When hot, add the coated onions and evenly brown, turning occasionally.
6. When browned, remove from heat and set aside.
7. In medium sauce pan, melt butter and saute mushrooms until starting to brown, then add cream.
8. Whisk in egg yolks and spices and about 1/3 of the onion topping mixture and continue stirring until the yolks begin to cook and the mixture thickens.
9. Add extra milk or water if needed to thin (only a few tablespoons might be needed).
10. Drain green beans and pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
11. Pour the cream mixture over and mix well until incorporated.
12. Top with onion mixture and heat at 325 in the oven until topping starts to crisp and green beans are heated.