This no-frills recipe leaves plenty of room for personal preference! Add onion and peppers, trade in the beef for ground turkey, or simply spice it up with some cayenne pepper! Whatever your liking, this recipe is easy to put together, and can simmer in the crock pot while you're at work. Make some extra to take for lunch the next day, or freeze for a future occasion!
· 2 pounds lean ground beef (or cubed lean stewing beef)
· 1 (8-ounce) can of tomato sauce
· 1 (6 ounce) can of tomato paste
· 1 (14.5 ounces) can stewed tomatoes, optional
· 2 tablespoons chili powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· Optional: hot pepper sauce or cayenne (to taste)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, stirring to break it up.
2. When the meat is no longer pink, drain it and spoon it into the slow cooker.
3. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, and chili powder.
4. Mix well, then add salt and pepper. Add hot sauce if desired.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
6. Taste, adjust seasonings and enjoy!