· 20 baby artichokes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
· 5 thin lemon slices
· 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
· 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
· 2 tablespoons butter, melted
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
· 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
· Place a large baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 450°. (Leave baking pan in oven as it heats.)
· Cut off top third of each artichoke. Trim stem to within 1 inch of base; peel stem. Remove bottom leaves and tough outer leaves, leaving tender middle and bottom. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise. Place artichokes, lemon slices, and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl; toss to coat. Arrange mixture in a single layer on hot baking sheet. Roast at 450° for 15 minutes or until almost done and beginning to brown, stirring well after 10 minutes.
· Toss asparagus with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Stir asparagus into artichoke mixture. Roast at 450° for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring after 5 minutes.
· Place vegetable mixture in a large bowl. Add butter and next 4 ingredients (through pepper); toss gently to combine. Sprinkle evenly with pine nuts.