Be part of an elite team of fitness professionals changing the way fitness is done. Fitness experience is not necessary - we can train anyone with the right attitude to be elite! We’re on a mission to change the way fitness is done, and we need a team to realize that mission.
About the Careers (Callings) Here
Jobs are things you don’t like (maybe even hate) that you only do for the money. Careers are things you like to do, but it’s still mostly about the money. A calling is when your work is about purpose and making the world a better place. When you show up to work for passion before a paycheck.
We live in the real world, and like everyone else, you need a paycheck from your calling. We get that, and we pay well, but that can’t be the most important thing for you if you’re going to be happy and of value in this industry. We’re looking for people who primarily want to make a difference in people’s lives,
· A real career (calling!) path.
· Intensely rewarding work — we are literally in the life changing business.
· An intense learning environment — you will learn more in 6 months with us, than 6 years at any other gym, or on your own.
· No guess work on your part. You simply execute our system and coach the participants to move through the workout correctly and safely. We will train you in our system, how to do our classes, and how to modify exercises for all levels of fitness.
· Certification and experience are not required. We will train you, and help you get certified.
· Excellent training — you can become one of the best fitness coaches in the DC-metro area bar none, and you can do it faster than you ever thought possible.
· No sales or marketing (we will take care of all of that, all you have to do is master our systems, and wow our members to move ahead).
· No traveling — the members come to us!
· When you become full time there is paid vacation time, health insurance and benefits.
We are looking for someone who:
· Has an awesome personality: energetic, enthusiastic, caring and motivating
· Is great with other people, likes being around others (and others like being around them) and is great at motivating others!
· Is passionate about fitness and about learning.
· Is punctual, professional and reliable.
· Can follow directions — we are only looking for people to implement our program, not someone interested in reinventing the wheel (We are hiring because there is far more demand for our services/system than we can provide.)
· Brings their best every day — if you can’t put aside whatever is going on in your life and show up with positive energy to give to our members, then don’t bother.
· Likes to work — like all things worth having in life, a great career (calling!) is something you need to work at.
· Is fun — part of our environmental policy is that we don’t allow employees to contribute to deforestation by keeping a stick hidden on them at all times.
Why is no experience needed?
Because we hire for attitude and train for skill. We can teach anyone to be an excellent coach, but we can’t teach someone to be punctual, positive and productive.
However, we don’t think that experience is a bad thing. As long as you have an open mind and a great attitude, then we’re happy to help take someone with experience to the next level.
How the internship works:
After reviewing your cover letter and resume and getting to know you over an interview, if we think you are a great fit for our team, we will invite you to a 6 week, paid internship. This will be 15-20 hours per week plus minimal homework. The internship is not a guarantee of a job. It’s an audition.
After the internship, if we think you’re a great fit, we will invite you to start out as a part time fitness coach. We will continue training you and developing you until you’re ready to start leading our classes, coaching our members, and potentially help you turn this into a full time position with benefits (if a full time position is something you are interested in).
How to apply:
Please answer the questions listed below and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. After we receive your email, we will ask for your resume. Please do not send your resume with your questions.
1. In your own words, what is our mission?
2. What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of from the past year?
3. Why do you think you would be a good fit for us?
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Compensation: Interns are paid a training rate of $10/hr. Once hired, part time coaches are paid $22 per hour (no selling or marketing required, you are paid regardless of no-shows), full time coach $45k salary + benefits.